Saturday, December 24, 2016
| Category: Total Health Events
The Total "Health" Weekly Roundup:
Your one-stop spot for the latest in health, spine, nutrition, and
THSN news over the last week.
In case you missed it...
- I'm pretty sure you didn't miss Christmas, but just in case... I hope you had a MERRY CHRISTMAS!
We had a great weekend and continued our Christmas Eve tradition of chuch, then Ukai (seen here) and finishing with "It's a Wonderful Life."
- Patient Spotlights: Joe and Penny Peiffer
Joe and Penny came to us with the goal of staying active and healthy together for years to come. Aches and pains began to add up and were slowing them down. Read more...
- We had a great Christmas and now it's time for an outstanding New Year!! Our Chiropractic and Nutrition hours will remain as usual. You can see them here....
- Our new office Open House is tentatively scheduled for Saturday January 28 from 9am to 2pm.
We're having special events, giveaways, free treatments, food, and well, we're still coming up with sa-weet deals!
If you haven't yet, make sure to Like Us on Facebook for up-to-date information about details for the Open House.
Spinal Health (i.e. Function)
Did you know that improving your NECK health and function may actually improve your LOW BACK PAIN and LEG PAIN?
More amazing findings about how your spine directly affects your Function!
This is exactly why we look at ALL areas of your spine, not just where you feel your symptoms.
====> Check it out here
Nutrition (i.e. Food)
No-Bake Almond Butter Cups
This no-bake homemade Almond Butter Cups recipe is easy to make and will satisfy any craving for chocolate and peanut butter!
- ½ cup smooth almond butter
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 12-15 oz soy-free chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
2. Melt the chocolate chips with the remaining 1 Tbsp coconut oil over a double boiler on low heat.
3. Spoon about a teaspoonful of chocolate into the bottom of 12 paper-lined muffin cups or 24 mini muffin cups. Drop a tablespoon of the almond butter mixture in next. Cover evenly with the remaining melted chocolate.
4. Chill, until firm about 1-2 hours.
5. Store in a covered, cool dry place.
Recipe by Living Well Mom at http://livingwellmom.com/2016/02/paleo-peanut-butter-cups/
If you have any suggestions for topics or if you have any specific questions you want answered about your Function, Fitness, Food, or Focus...
Simply comment below or email me directly.
Have a healthy week and New Year!
- Dr. Ryan